Bright Computing has released Bright Cluster Manager and Bright OpenStack 8.0 software.
Some key features and enhancements in the 8.0 release include:
- A new web-based graphical user interface (GUI) that operates on any web-based device (tablet, etc.), allowing administrators to login anywhere, anytime to manage their cluster environment.
- A completely revised subsystem that provides more metric collectors and flexibility for the user.
- In addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS) support, Bright now offers integration with Microsoft Azure that allows users to create virtual clusters in Azure, and the ability to extend an on-premises cluster into Azure.
- Support for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in addition to the already supported RHEL and CentOS.
- Support for OpenStack Newton with improved logging of OpenStack events, performance improvements, and Ironic support for bare metal deployments.
For more info, visit Bright Computing.
Sources: Press materials received from the company.