Digi International, a provider of machine-to-machine and Internet of Things (IoT), has made the ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Development Kit available.
According to Digi International, the Off-the-shelf Single Board Computer is built on the ConnectCore for i.MX6UL module, the SBC delivers a complete off-the-shelf SBC with all the features and capabilities to build industrial-strength wired and wireless connected devices. Features include:
- A compact Pico-ITX form factor (100mm x 72mm) with mounting options, industrial operating temperature range, 256 MB of highly reliable NAND flash and 256 MB DDR3 memory—both expandable to 2GB.
- Wired and wireless connectivity through dual 10/100 Mbit Ethernet networking, pre-certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networking, and Bluetooth 4.2 with Bluetooth low energy (LE) connectivity with external antenna options, and Near-field communication (NFC).
- Optional cellular connectivity via PCI Express Mini Card and integrated Micro SIM slot.
- Digi XBee socket supporting the broad line of Digi XBee RF modules for 802.15.4, ZigBee, Thread, Digi Mesh, and Sub-GHz wireless connectivity.
- 24-bit LVDS and RGB parallel LCD support (up to WXGA), camera, SD card storage, on-board eMMC flash option, energy-harvesting NFC tag capabilities (NXP NTAG), USB host/device, I/O connectors (CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, GPIO), user LEDs and buttons, power in/out, and battery connector.
- Industrial operating temperature from -40 to 85°C, and IEC 60068-2 temperature, shock, and vibration rated compliance.
“The ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Development Kit delivers a complete and unique reference design and embedded development platform for smart, secure connected devices and gateways” said Mike Rohrmoser, director of product management, embedded systems at Digi International. “Built on the standard Pico-ITX form factor, it offers both a rapid development and immediate productization platform. It is highly integrated, fully validated and backed by Digi’s expertise, hardware, software, and services support.”
For more information, visit Digi International.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.