Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key has updated its Scheme-it circuit design tool, which provides a simple free-to-use way of recording circuit designs in a sharable, electronic format. The application was co-designed with Aspen Labs LLC.
The new features add design functionality, increased supplier integration and a more streamlined circuit design process, the company states.
Primary enhancements to Scheme-it, along with an enhanced feature set, include:
- A library of over 700 generic symbols, plus custom symbol creation
- Access to over 4 million component via Digi-Key Catalog integration
- Export into PDF or PNG files
- A direct link to Digi-Key technical support
- Integrated bill of materials (BOM) and quoting
- Administration of design accessibility (options for private, public or embedded files)
Even with these updates, Digi-Key is currently in the process adding new features such as manufacturer symbols, solutions and reference designs.
“We are excited to see the success of Scheme-it thus far,” said Cody Miller, president, Aspen Labs. “With the addition of manufacturer-specific symbol libraries, the tool is taking on a new dimension and has become even more useful, as users can design in specific parts, drop them into the Digi-Key BOM manager, and order them right from Scheme-it. We look forward to building out these libraries and providing this tremendous value to Scheme-it users.”
Learn more about Scheme-it with the video below:
For more information, visit Digi-Key.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.