Managing and controlling engineering data is hard. But toss in designing and simulating plants, electrical panels, hydraulic systems, production processes and digital factories, and it gets more complicated. Then factor in manufacturing and servicing machinery for automobiles, machine tools and power generation, and you have a world of applications cranking out data that you need to use and organize. Today’s Pick of the Week goes to the heart of managing, controlling and using complex engineering data.
- Updated platform for managing engineering data from concept design through manufacturing and service.
- Faster template creation and simplified standardization.
- New navigator functionality eases the creation and editing of electrical and fluid power engineering macros.
- Expanded terminal editor and streamlined cable planning for machines and plants.
- Major enhancements to 3D design and documentation of wire harnesses and nailboard design.
- New capability to extrapolate 2D symbols for nailboard drawings from 3D models.
Version 2.5 takes this project, process and data management focus further. Among the key enhancements announced are faster template creation and a new navigator functionality that makes it easier to create and edit electrical and fluid power engineering macros. Version 2.5 now also offers page- and area-specific revision management. That means you can revise project areas such as functional structures, location definitions and disciplines, and that your changes are apparent throughout the entire process.
The terminal editor feature has been enhanced with graphical representations of terminal types and categories that should enable fast and clear validation of selected terminal strips. EPLAN also made major enhancements to its EPLAN Harness proD 3D system for wire harness design, coupling it with the EPLAN Platform’s central parts manager. This provides a single, integrated parts management system over the course of a project and enables continuous workflows from schematics through to production documentation. Master data workflows now support the extrapolation of 2D symbols for nailboard drawings from 3D models.
You can learn more about EPLAN Platform Version 2.5 from today’s Pick of the Week write-up and the links at the end of the main text. To really get the idea what EPLAN can mean for you watch the on-demand webinar “EPLAN Platform Version 2.5 Highlights” and then get yourself the trial version. Good stuff.
Thanks, Pal. – Lockwood
Anthony J. Lockwood
Editor at Large, Desktop Engineering