By DE Editors
IMSI/Design says it has significantly increased the performance of its flagship products, TurboCAD Pro 17 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 17.
"TurboCAD Pro 17 and Pro Platinum 17 now take advantage of GPU-based graphics cards and are lightning-fast when it comes to wireframe and 2D display,” says Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. “We’re seeing performance increase up to 60x—it’s phenomenal."
TurboCAD Pro 17 and Pro Platinum 17 also contain new features and productivity improvements, including:
- Layer management—Design Director simplifies layer management, and new layer filter support (.DWG compatible) lets users manage large, complex drawings.
- Fewer clicks. Double-click on text or M-text to enter edit mode. Edit blocks and groups in place.
- Less setup. New templates set tool default values to more commonly used settings. Paper spaces can be copied with all settings from one drawing to another.
- Viewports can be exploded creating flat 2D views.
- 3D patterns. Apply patterns to spheres and cylinders, radial patterns, 3D arrays, or patterns along a curve for shapes that couldn’t easily be drawn before.
- An improvedWall tool allows for definition of intelligent relationships between walls to link or not link, clean or remain separate. A new bottom wall modifier gives you even greater control over the look and design of your structure’s walls.
- ACA compatible Door and Window Muntins expand options for parametrically creating the exact object types for your design.
- A rewritten tolerances tool provides specific instructions on production tolerances and is .DWG compatible.
- Drawn parts can be made into reusable parametric parts with a more robust part wizard. Parts may also be scripted using even more commands and mathematical functions than before.
- Added support for .DWG 2010.
- An improved COLLADA (.DAE) export feature includes instances so that blocks and architectural objects will be read by SketchUp as components.
- Xref clipping for dozens of file formats, and binding of Xrefs has been added.
TurboCAD Pro 17 is now available for $1,295. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 17 is now available for $1,495.
For more information, visit IMSI/Design’s TurboCAD site.
Sign-up for a 30-day trial version of TurboCAD Pro 17.
Sign-up for a 30-day trial version of TurboCAD Pro Platinum 17.
See a list of supported file formats in TurboCAD Pro 17.
See a list of features TurboCAD Pro 17 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 17.
See why DE’s Editor selected TurboCAD Pro 17 as their Pick of the Week.